The Bereavement Ministry provides one-on-one Christian care to people in and around our congregation grieving the death of a loved one. We are compassionate individuals who can provide some measure of comfort when you suffer loss, grief, and encounter other challenges that throw your life into a tailspin. We are not counselors and we do not propose to "know it all.” We do not try to fix matters. We simply partner with you to provide love, care, and support when you need it most. We are deeply caring individuals who provide encouragement, a listening ear, and a shoulder to cry on as you navigate through your storms. We have a heart for the hurting. We represent Christ’s caring for people –through people. The Bereavement Ministry is available to you whenever you need us.
Our mission is to be a resource to our Central Family in their time of grief. Our goal is to ease the burden as much as possible during a family member’s loss.
When you call on us, we can:
- Notify the church and officials of the death
- Contact family members on behalf of CBC
- Inform other Ministries of family members needs (feeding family, etc.)
- Provide support and guidance to family
- Inform the church and officials of funeral arrangements
- Send Bereavement Cards to congregation members in the event of a loss to an extended family member
- Refer grieving members to professional counseling upon request
- Provide continued support to family after loss
In your time of need, you may contact ministry President Margaree Lee (443-928-4628) or the church office (410-233-8558).